Sunday, October 3, 2010

TV

So yeah... I'm officially on the Outsourced train. The second episode was so much better than the pilot and had some laughs. It pokes fun at both American and Indian cultures and does have some heart. So I'll keep watching. Episode 2 was about needing to fire someone so they focused on the superflirt who spent a lot of phone time chatting up women and also the annoying talkative guy with low self esteem.

I am currently one foot off the Cougar Town train. This episode was better than last week's but still boring. lol. So yeah. I think I preferred it when there was romantic tension between her and the dude that she's dating. But since everything is all good, it's kinda dry.

Undercovers also had a better week than the pilot's, however, it's definitely underperforming ratings-wise so it sounds like there's a good chance it's getting canceled. Oh well.

I'm also officially on the Nikita Train. I've pretty much liked the last few episodes and even didn't mind this past week's one even though they decided to show us some Nikita/Michael sexual tension. Shane West's breathy voice is really annoying. Is that how he sounded on A Walk To Remember?  The episode was pretty good with the double agent although I suspected something like that because that actor is a little bit too recognizable for a such a bit role. So I did expect to see him in some capacity even after he supposedly died.

On the Asian drama front... I got reminded once again why I need to dust off that Rosetta Stone dvd and start learning!

Natsu-Niji... the drama ended like a month ago but no subs means I can't finish it. I'm currently stuck with two episodes to go.

Runaway started this week. Licensing stuff means I'm not going to see it till it's been resolved.

Sungkyunkwan Scandal is a drama I tried yesterday. I guess it's a good thing I decided to wait before trying it otherwise, I'd be in pain like all the others desperate for a fix. Even though the subs were halted on viikii, the folks over there were nice enough to provide softsubs but as these things always happen, someone hardsubbed the vids and now we're all out of luck. So that's on hold till the situation is sorted.

So which of my dramas did I get to see? None to be honest. Because even though Playful Kiss is available, I've chosen to wait for the full length HD versions of episodes 9 & 10. Since I just watch the drama to kill time, I can wait.

I decided not to bother with Eternal Love since it seemed that episode 6 was just a rehash of the previous episodes. I plan to just skip to ep 7.

I did, however, manage to watch a one episode drama special called The Great Gye Choon Bin.















It's a rom com about an art psychologist (uses art to read people) and a kindergarten teacher with a crush on him. I understand that there are limitations as they have to tell an entire story in like an hour but there are drama specials like Kanojo to no Tadashii Asobikata or Drama City's Fog Street that manage to hit that romantic spot despite the time constraint. I think there was too much going on with his married ex, little girl's issues, his issues, the person who kept defacing the signs etc etc for any real proper development of their relationship. So it didn't really work for me. I can understand why one might find this adorable but I need to see chemistry and want the couple to be together - not because the drama says so, but because I can feel it. And this special lacked it.

Anyway, this week, Dae Mul starring Kwon Sang Woo begins. I'm looking forward to it since it's a story about a gigolo and a president. lol. I've never seen a KSW drama before since it appears he likes doing all these sad ones and I avoid those so I hope I end up liking this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Clock,

One of my favorite TV shows is Medium....[I have not been really hooked on a US drama where I watched when aired since The 4400]....The only reason the show hooked me was because the children started developing the same, ehem "disease" as momma. Actually, the pituitary gland is the culprit for the gift...if memory serves me correct.

Anyway, it's a crime-solving drama and I just love those and watch on demand or re-runs.

I am tempted to give Nikita a try along with Five-O.

mskololia

Enagwolo said...

Hey girl,

I think I watched a few episodes of Medium in the first season but stopped. I can't remember why. Oh, The 4400? I loved that series although stuff started to go wrong in the last season. lol.

I haven't tried Five-0 but I think Nikita is not bad. I absolutely loved the USA Network series, La Femme Nikita, so I was initially biased against it but it's won my interest.