Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bahara - I Hate Luv Storys

I guess I'm catching up on my Bollywood movies because I just saw I Hate Luv Storys. It's the typical story of a man uninterested in love who finds love. The film was set in the movie industry (he's an assistant director and she's an art director). He hates every thing "filmi" so he spends his time cringing at the dialogue, sets and characters in the movies he works on. She loves every thing "filmi" and at the start of the movie, she's practically living the life of a Bollywood heroine. The movie was predictable and I thought it was pretty okay at first till we got to the second half (and the angst) and it got quite boring. Overall, I'll say the first half is good enough as a time pass (good enough for killing time) but the second half...  uhm.... Anyway, I finished it and the ending wasn't too bad. What I liked about it were the references to other hit movies both in song and through clips.

What I once said about kdramas applies to Bollyood movies too. Even if the drama (or in this case, movie) sucks, you're bound to find at least one song that you like. And this is one:


A much better film to watch the male star Imran Khan in is Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, which is an overrated but still charming story of longtime friends-turning-lovers. And no, this isn't the only romantic plot that I like. lol. That movie was quite refreshing because it was set within an ensemble cast of friends. However, it has some rather annoying and silly parts with the older characters that IMO, took away from the movie. Nonetheless, that one is still worth a watch.

No comments: