Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hye Rim/Do Ya

I guess you can say I love the older woman-younger man coupling a little bit. How much is "a little bit?" Well, let me put it this way: my favorite jdrama, Long Vacation, is older woman-younger man; what just might be my favorite kdrama, My Lovely Sam Soon is also older woman-younger man; and what would have been my favorite twdrama had they not extended it and pushed it into Drag City is My Queen which, you guessed it, is older woman-younger man.

Which brings us to Dae Mul. I'm not quite sure what the age difference between Ha Do Ya and Seo Hye Rim is but they met while he was in high school and she was on her way to a job interview (which we can assume was after she graduated from college).
















It's at least ten years later and now he's a prosecutor and she's a recently fired widow. He never forgot her after that initial meeting while she pretty much forgot him however, now that they've reconnected, he looks out of her. He's gotten to know her son and they have some kind of fun vibe to their relationship. She was sentenced to community service at his office and sometimes they have a hard time keep their relationship professional (sometimes speaking informally).














She suspects that he likes her and cautions him against it while he insists that she's being delusional. But of course, the audience does know that he indeed likes her considering that he keeps a picture of her that he stares at from time to time.

I don't know where this story is going but I certainly hope it's going in the direction of Ha Do Ya and Seo Hye Rim becoming romantically involved. They currently have a fun vibe to their relationship but I hope that the second lead female, Se Jin, who has a somewhat antagonistic relationship with Do Ya will have no romantic ties to him. And yes, we know in dramas, characters who start off hating each other (they've already kissed) often end up in love. Please writers, let this be one drama where that doesn't happen. PLEASE. Because it's the Do Ya/Hye Rim relationship that keeps me interested in this series - not the political stuff.














There are some nice clips and vids out there but SBS is going nutso deleting every single thing (including previews) so  I won't post anything. But these pics are from when Do Ya gets so happy that Hye Rim's son has malaria, thus keeping her from emigrating to Australia. LOL.



































Pics source is soompi.

No comments: