Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I think I'm done with Playful Kiss

I began to watch episode 11 and kept watching it with breaks here and there till we got to the part where Ha Ni and her friends were complaining that with so many classes to study for, it's going to be hard to pass them all. Then Ha Ni said she will only study English because that's the class she takes with Seung Jo and she didn't want to flunk then stop being in his class.

Are we for real? She only cares about class because of Seung Jo? This is worse than those who attend college for an MRS degree because most of them at least plan on graduating with a degree even if that's not their main purpose for attending college. This chick only cares about not failing the class so that she doesn't part with her precious Seung Jo. And truthfully speaking, I don't even understand what she sees in him. It's not like the guy brings her any joy or improves her life in any way without her asking first. My interest was already waning but perhaps this was when I decided that I'm done with it.

I may watch the "kiss in the rain" but something tells me it's going to be disappointing. It'll probably just be a lip press with the camera revolving around them to make it look more passionate. BLAH.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, well it seems the drama is trying to be "cute" surrounding the female character but I think it lacks storytelling. PK was not of interest to me when I read viewers comments about the synopsis and this version vs that version...oh, joy!

Seriously, if she fails the rest of her classes, the chick will have to drop out unless in kland if you pass one class out of five or six you can stay in school and in her case, still be a fool.

I do not like teen dramas, that are currently playing in Kland. The one "note" per se for me as a newcomer is getting old quickly. There is not much variety in the way they tell stories...so they better be glad viewers get addicted and/or "love" the actors.

I think this will stay an other continent type of thing and not make it here in the US.

mskololia

Enagwolo said...

Truthfully, I can't tell if I find this drama boring and not very compelling because there's something wrong with the storytelling or because I already know this story.

Because it's following the original story pretty well but it's just not very interesting.

The girl really is very annoying with her obsession with the guy. How can one's life just revolve around a guy? The second lead is unwavering in his affection for her but he found something else he loves and has a goal in life. Unlike her. No dreams. No goals. Not aspirations. The one and only thing she wants is this guy. How stupid of a story.

Anonymous said...

Well, this drama is popular. I feel kinda sorry for the cast that the ratings are so low.

Perhaps it is because Koreans have seen this before.

mskololia

Enagwolo said...

I think it's popular elsewhere because there was so much hype about it before it aired. The male lead is an idol and the story itself is very popular.

As for the ratings, they never really gave it much of a chance in the first place and perhaps it's because they know the story. But Boys over flowers is also based on a manga that many know but that did well ratings-wise. I wonder why they didn't even bother to tune in the first place.