Monday, October 11, 2010

Dae Mul























So I was looking forward to this drama mainly because the premise was a gigolo ending up with the president. I find that combo too hilarious for words. However, it looks like it's been revised to be a former young playboy who becomes a lawyer, ending up with a president.

I kind of rolled my eyes at the beginning especially as I don't like movies or dramas that get so deep in the political mumbo jumbo. Not that I don't like politics but they are always so biased against other countries that it's a huge turn off. So for this drama, I am going to choose to ignore the parts where they are so obviously negatively biased against other nations.

But when we got into the main characters' pasts, it was quite enjoyable. I like the chemistry between Go Hyun Jung and Kwon Sang Woo and I like that there's a fun vibe to this drama. Kwon Sang Woo and the actor playing his father also have a nice chemistry. I read some spoilers about the plot (which I really hope changes) and I immediately began to dread later episodes. The drama does get over the top at times but it's a kdrama after all. I just hope it doesn't get too melodramatic in later episodes.

So for now, I am watching Dae Mul.

No comments: