Sunday, November 14, 2010

Secret Garden


































I've seen episode 1 and I must say that I quite like it. We haven't yet gotten to the body switch bits so I don't know what future episodes will be like but the drama has made a good first impression on me.

Characters:
Kim Joo Won. Rich. Arrogant. Lazy but smart. Appears to be claustrophobic. I'm not sure exactly but he's scared of elevators. Played by Hyun Bin
Gil Ra Him. Stunt Woman. Strong willed and appears to be confident everywhere but on a movie set. On set, she bows her head way too much but off set, she doesn't let anyone talk down to her. Played by Ha Ji Won.
Oska. Joo Won's cousin. Pop star. Player. Flirt. Over the top. Has a love-hate and competitive relationship with his cousin.
I'm honestly not yet sure who the second lead female is. But it might be the rich bitch from the first half of the episode who met with Joo Won on a blind date but also shares a history with Oska.
 There's also the stunt director played by Philip Lee who appears to have unrequited love for her. I've only seen one episode but his character seems to be the possessive sort - the sort I don't quite like. 

Truthfully, I'm sick of the Cinderella story of a super rich prince coming to save a poor commoner. But Ra Him doesn't need anyone to save her and she's pretty damn bad ass. I think that even before the switch, she's "manlier" than Joo Won.













Their meet-cute is the very cliche case of mistaken identity when Oska asks Joo Won to spend time with an actress for him but he mistakenly picks up her stunt woman/body double instead. A hilarious conversation follows as this leads to Joo Won mistaking her for a very frank prostitute even though she's only speaking about her work. LOL. 

Anyway, I expect Oska to fall for her as per most kdramas. My only question is, is he going to fall for her even after the switch? And does that mean that for a good chunk of the show, he's going to be chasing after his cousin trapped in a woman's body? lol. Considering how much the cousins get on each other's nerves,. I can't imagine how mortified Joo Won would feel. And also, if I were the writer of this drama, I'd include a scene where Ra Him, trapped in a man's body, cruises a gay club for men. lol. Then we'll also have Joo Won tag along doing everything in his power to "protect his body." I don't know, I find stuff like that hilarious. lol.

And yeah, the kiss in the first pics is a spoiler so it hasn't yet happened.

P.S. I tried MSOAN and checked out in the first 15 minutes. It might be good and I might try it another day but I wasn't feeling the comedy of debt and what not.  I found father and daughter annoying.

No comments: