Saturday, November 27, 2010

Secret Garden Ep 5

I still have to watch with subs to understand it fully but Joo Won's behavior reminds me of this song's chorus:



He does a nice thing, acts like he might care then is a JERK. I think this is really because at this point, the drama has a thin plot. It's fun but it's really all been: "I like you, but I shouldn't like you. I like you, but you're not good enough for me. I really like you, but I can't like you." That's what all the scenes between Joo Won and Ra Im have been about since episode 2. Except he gets jerkier and jerkier and Ra Im hasn't got enough sense to make sure he stays out of her life completely cos she "likes" him. LOL. Kdramas kill me.

But we had the body switch at the end of the episode so tomorrow's episode should be loads of fun. And then hopefully, the story can move forward. A drama often falls into this kind of rut when characters "fall in love" very quickly. If the main plot of a drama is the romance, not much to do other than go round and round in circles once love has been established. Either break up and make up all the time or just when the characters should move forward in their romance, an obstacle will be thrown in. I actually don't mind the version where they meet different obstacles because at least it's a different obstacle... although it can get rather tiring too. But the Jekyll and Hyde act can get stale quickly.

No comments: