Monday, November 1, 2010

Coffee House Cantonese(I think) style!

So it looks like it really just start airing  in Hong Kong last week and airs two days a week

The dubbing is somewhat fascinating and hilarious because it's funny watching Kang Ji Hwan speak with an entirely different voice. I somehow got lost in it and ended up watching like 20 minutes nonstop... lol..  A really funny part was when Eun Young was showing off her language skills. I think they translated the Japanese and dubbed it in Cantonese. But when Eun Young spoke English (when she was receiving the flowers), they used Park Si Yeon's voice. lol. But they did a pretty good job with her dubber. Ji Won's voice, on the other hand, is nothing like his. Jin Soo's lol. Well, Kang Ji Hwan apparently has a complex about his voice so maybe he'll prefer this one (just joking!).

You can hear all three voices at the beginning of this one
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/4aPmG0SvrOo/

Seung Yeon's voice isn't too bad. Can be heard at the beginning of this.
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/c8--delK7iE/

I tried to embed but it's not working for some reason. Oh well.

P.S. I must say I really like their theme song. I prefer it to the original.

3 comments:

Angelica said...

First off, while I prefer the Korean theme song ;), I do like the Hong Kong version. It's kind of cool, and I guess less cutesy. Heh. It does sort of match the coolness of the show, especially the coolness of the relationship between Jin Soo and Eun Young. I do find it interesting that they created a totally different theme song rather than use the original. Is this done often when Korean shows are sold to air in other countries?

Is there any place that where we can download the Hong Kong theme song?

Oh, I just noticed that even the actor who plays Dong Wook is featured in the intro.

I completely agree with you about the dubbing! The voices for Eun Young and Seung Yeon aren't bad (especially for Eun Young), but oh my with Jin Soo. The voice for him is deep. Not so deep, but definitely deep. And we know very well that Kang Ji Hwan has a high pitched voice. That deep voice is hard to reconcile with the rest of Jin Soo. Weird. It's not just the deepness in the voice. There's just something about its delivery not having the same coolness. Ah well.

Angelica said...

Heeh, okay, I found out the singers, but I just need the download. Heh. Now, I am stuck on this song. Thanks, clock!

Enagwolo said...

LOL. Happy to be of service HAHAHA.

I wish I knew how to get the mp3 for it. If you find it, do share. Thanks!

I actually don't what's done when it's sold to other countries cos this is the first drama I've followed this far. Personal taste is airing in Taiwan now (or maybe it's ended now) Maybe I can see if I can find it online and check it... not that I even know what the Korean theme song sounds like since I didn't even watch it.