Saturday, November 20, 2010

Course Hero

People make money in strange ways.

Can someone please tell me why my fic, Wrong Foot First is on Course Hero? It's bad enough that it's rated 4 out of 5 (LOL) but why should some romance story be posted on a website that's:
#1 Study Resource for College & High School students

And where kids can:
  • Ask tutors anything, anytime
  • Find amazing study materials:
    notes, homeworks, exams, solutions & more.
I know that once you post anything online, you run the risk of it being plagiarized or used in ways you don't approve of, however, A STUDY resource site?

It turns out that for a month-long subscription, users can either pay $30 or upload forty documents. I looked around and loads of soompi fics are on that site. So I'm guessing that an unscrupulous soompi member uploaded these documents there.

I've sent them an email requesting that it be removed but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens from here. I hope they just take it off without incident.

4 comments:

Angelica said...

This isn't out on DVD yet, right?
I'd like to see it.
By the way, you did a much better job reviewing Letters to Juliet. You're slipping. Lol.

Angelica said...

Shoot, I posted my comment for the wrong entry. It was supposed to be under "Easy A".

Enagwolo said...

lol. I figured that was what it was. It comes out on DVD next month.

I don't think I'll ever be able to match my Letters to Juliet awesomeness. It's hard to repeat perfection.

Angelica said...

Your sarcasm cracks me up. Lol.