Monday, September 6, 2010

Possible new fic?

Sometime last year, I kicked around this idea of a girl in a love pentagon. It would be girl, three guys: one from match.com, a co-worker, I can't remember who the third would be (I think an ex), and her best friend. Then there was going to be something about her wanting to become a singer and I think getting gigs through her ex. The best friend also helps her professionally... but I can't remember what his job was but I think he was supposed to be a very silly type.

Anyway, since I got sick of writing, I threw that out (especially as I had two unfinished fics lying around). Now that I've decided to finish this other fic... I'm now rethinking the idea. But instead of a love pentagon (lol), how about a love triangle? :D The truth is I don't really have firm love triangles in my stories. I figure a couple can have a lot of drama without adding a third person. However, I think it's nice to at least mention that there are other people attracted to my protagonists. 

And I also noticed certain things about my writing:
I love dance scenes. If it's not a club, it might be dancing in the living room.
I like my characters to have history. Even in Femi's Diary where she met the guy in like chapter 3, the first relationship explored was with her ex and the relationship with the new guy wasn't explored till much later when she met him by chance in another city.
I used to like open endings. But now I've stopped that since I freaking hate open endings myself. I like to write open endings but hate to watch or read open endings. How weird is that? LOL
I like the guy to love first and harder. I tried to make the girl love first once but it was a total FAIL.
In all my stories, the couple doesn't get together till the end of the damn story.

So I've decided to try something different with this story (if I ever write it). It's still going to be romance with humor (like I can write anything different) but instead of the couple getting together at the end, the couple will get together at the beginning. Then another man will show up. And I think for the first time, I will have a real love triangle.

Okay, I am lying. I wrote Consequences in 07 (stopped at 5 chapters to go... must try to finish it) and it had a love triangle involving a girl in a long distance relationship, her boyfriend, and the guy she met in the new country. So that's a story where the girl was already in a relationship. Hmm.. but this one will be different because it won't involve an already established relationship.

Anyway, we'll see if I have the energy to write this. Loads of ideas float in my head but I'm just to lazy to actually do anything about them. lol

P.S. I am most likely going to write a short Coffee House fic simply called "Christmas Eve" :) 

No comments: