Sunday, September 26, 2010

New shows I tried

Outsourced
It appears that some people are offended by the depiction of Indians on this show. But in all honesty, it's a comedy and those characters could easily have been Americans. They are just "types" and perhaps it's because I'm not Indian but I really don't find them to be particularly stereotypical of Indians. I think it's a comedy and you're always going to have ridiculous characters. And the stuff about the food being too hot or an American being unable to hack it in India, isn't that more about reality than anything else? Regardless, I didn't find the show particular funny seeing as I didn't finish the first episode. lol. But, it might be one of those shows that needs to find its groove. It'll give it another shot at a later date.

Undercovers
I used to be a huge Boris Kodjoe fangirl and I won't say that was why I decided to watch this show - after all, I wasn't a faithful viewer of Soul Food and didn't bother to tune in to his failed sitcom. However, something did make me tune in to this show... and for the life of me, I can't remember what. LOL. Anyway, Boris and his co star are both sexy... so maybe that was it. :D But when I watched it, I realized that while they are sexy apart, they aren't so sexy together... you'd think two hot people would make a very sexy couple but alas, they do not. The chemistry is seriously lacking. Or maybe EunSoo has just spoiled me for all other couples. Regardless, the show was kinda not that interesting and the dialogue was cheesy and boring. But it got better towards the end (and so did their chemistry). So while at the 15 min mark I thought I wouldn't be bothering with any more episodes, at the 40 min mark, I decided to try a few more :D And on the shallow end of things, no offense to my darling Boris but his bald head makes him look like one of those Coneheads. Still love ya, though.

Cougar Town
Okay, not a new show but the season began and it's kinda boring. Or was it always this boring? The show without ads is only about 20 mins long yet I paused it a few times to do other stuff. HMMMMMM

No comments: