Saturday, September 11, 2010

Entourage ends tomorrow...

... which marks the end of my American summer shows. I watched Drop Dead Diva (an okay season), Psych (sporadically so no review yet. But better than last season so far) and Entourage which ends tomorrow.

I'll say the current season of Entourage is definitely not the best but the guys are still funny even if Vince is completely boring and the entire Turtle storyline has proven to be pointless. Eric is normally boring anyway but Drama was funny to me till the last two or three episodes when his storyline stopped moving. Ari was fun this season except for the stupidity of the last episode. Ari has a crazy temper but he's not foolish. In the last episode, he acted like a fool. Truth be told, this is probably one of the worst seasons so far but I just like these guys so I don't mind watching them for 20 minutes once a week. 

And who in the hell takes a hiatus right before the final episode? But whatever. I hope the finale will make me want to watch the final season next year.

Since Fall has begun, I guess we're going to be going back to our regular programming. I started off last year with three shows: Cougar Town, Gossip Girl and Bones. However, by the time May rolled around, I was only watching Cougar Town.

So now, I'll start off this season only watching Cougar Town. Let's see if I'm still watching it next year.

On the Asian drama front, I am still watching my Japanese drama, Natsu-Niji. It's not something to get all crazy over but it's cute enough. I am also watching Playful Kiss which is another that's cute enough but nothing special. But how often do we get "special" dramas anyway? The third I'm watching is a twdrama called Endless Love. So far, so okay. It's Cliche Central with a spoiled, little rich girl and a noble poor boy. Except the girl isn't so spoiled and the guy is not as noble as he initially appears. Then we have the oppa the girl is in love with who doesn't give her the time of day. But you know how that goes... once she starts to like the poor guy, oppa begins to notice her. He's already getting on my nerves so I am sure he's an annoying character. There's also a fourth character a.k.a. second lead girl but she hasn't appeared yet. The synopsis says the poor guy will jilt the rich girl at the altar at some point... lol. So I'm looking forward to that. The first three episodes are about the meeting, initial dislike and now the journey to love. I hope the drama ends up not being a waste of time. It's funny how the lead actress has won two awards for previous roles yet she comes off quite terribly in this drama. I wonder if her family owns the organization(s) that gave her those awards.

So with only a few shows to watch, I guess I better learn to kill time in more productive ways.

No comments: