Saturday, September 18, 2010

My dramas...

Nikita episode 2 was okay. It gave us more back story on Alex. It was also less interesting than the premiere. But I'm sticking to it for now. I wonder if Nikita and Michael are going to have a showdown in the last five minutes of every single episode of this drama. It's happened twice and is already old. I guess they really are going to make a Nikita/Michael OTP story in this version. BLAH. I loved Shane West in A Walk To Remember, but am not really loving him in this. The Percy guy in this drama is like a caricature to me with this OTT meanness and I think one thing I appreciated about the USA Network version was that nobody was all bad... nor all good. Although there were some characters who were probably morally "superior" to others, in the sense that they rarely stepped over to the bad side, there were still no choir boy characters. And even the "bad" characters were good since the ultimate goal was always counter terrorism. But there was still jealousy, greed and all that other stuff that comes with working in such an organization. Talk less of the immoral routes they often took to reach a moral outcome.

Natsu-Niji... we had the confession in episode 8 and they are now a couple. But I don't really feel their love. You know the kind of couple that makes you feel all giddy when they get together? Like EunSoo in Coffee House, Sena and Minami in Long Vacation and even Hotaru and Buchou in Hotaru no Hikari. This couple just doesn't do it for me. The drama is fine but it doesn't make my heart thump and my belly flip like I feel a really good, touching romance drama should. And while Japanese dramas are understated, I still manage to find nice OTPs in some of them. But not this one. But it's all good. I'm still watching.

Endless Love. Speaking of a couple lacking chemistry, well, not only am I not really seeing the attraction they should have, they are also really bad actors. We had a "cute" episode 4 but I didn't get all giddy. I must say they still have more chemistry than the folks in Natsu-Niji, though. I can see the potential for some really nice stuff when we get in the middle of all the angst, after all I did feel some chemistry in ep 3. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we get some gut wrenching angst in this drama... considering the male lead jilts the female one at the altar. That should create some good drama. *sigh* A good OTP with great chemistry can save a drama. Like in Peach Girl. Vanness amd that girl had such amazing chemistry that even though objectively, the drama may have sucked, (I skipped like 3 middle episodes) I enjoyed it. So please Endless Love, give us some great scenes that show the chemistry I think these non-actors can create together.

Speaking of chemistry, I hope Ethan and Cheryl can do another drama together. My Queen was so good for the first 12 episodes before they decided to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag it because of the good ratings. Regardless, I tried to rewatch some nice parts but it looks like the subbing team quit at episode 11. Oh well :(  And the viikii page is all screwed up and I can't watch there. Truthfully, I stopped watching at ep 18, when they got together and recently decided to watch the last three episodes and lo and behold, no luck :( Someone should save me and sub the drama. LOL

Anyway, back to my dramas. I just finished Playful Kiss eps 5 & 6 and am no longer on the OTP ship. I now ship Joon Gu with Joo Ri. I ship Ha Ni with any other guy she meets at college and ship Seung Jo with a life of loneliness. *sigh* I know this dream won't come true but I hope in this version they do put Joon Gu and Joo Ri together. That kind hearted guy deserves happiness. It's a shame he's all fixated on the wrong girl. And Seung Jo is an ass for publicly humiliating Ha Ni like that. Why does he use her feelings against her? So pathetic and annoying.

No comments: