Monday, September 20, 2010

Outnumbered

So over this weekend, I started watching this BBC series called "Outnumbered." It's a sitcom (with no laugh track) featuring a family of 5 where the two youngest kids shine brightest.

I watched like maybe one episode from Season 1, another from Season 2 then five from Season 3 (I couldn't find the last episode). Apparently, it's a scripted show particularly on the parents' side while the kids are improv.

I think it takes a minute to warm up to it since it's very "real" but after a while, it's quite funny and sweet. The children say the darndest things. And the fact that it's improv adds another layer to it. I must say that watching those precocious and unruly kids is fun and entertaining but raising them can be a different kind of hell. lol. And I don't say this lightly at all. Kids like those can send a parent to an early grave.

The eldest kid is kinda normal and does play a rather "straight" character. The middle child is very unruly and stubborn and the little girl has no tact (but she's young) so she has no "appropriateness filter" and can't stop asking questions. lol.















I'm going to try to find the last episode of Season 3 and I think I'll go back and watch the other two seasons. Not a bad way to spend a boring day.

No comments: