Saturday, September 4, 2010

Playful Kiss is not bad

Frankly speaking, IMO, it's already better than that crappy Boys Over Flowers but perhaps it's not exciting enough with people getting beat up and other craziness that some say it's boring? The tone is different - actually quite jdrama-esque so perhaps some just don't like that. Plus it's slice-of-lifish.

I didn't find Kim Hyun Joong's acting to be terrible as his interpretation does fit the character and he had chemistry with the female lead. It's not the kind of show you watch and spend all week wondering what will happen in the next episode but it's like the bowl of popcorn you have while watching a movie - something that isn't there to quench your hunger but is nice, anyway.

I did skip the first half of episode 1 because I figured it would bore but from ep 1.5 through episode 2, I enjoyed it. The leads have a cute chemistry plus the lead is not as annoying and stupid as Ariel was in ISWAK.  So far, not bad.

2 comments:

leila8mae said...

clock! I love your description to PK.. like a bowl of popcorn ;D I agree that this drama is not the type where I would be personally drawn on an emotional level or a drama I'd be uber anticipating every episode.. It isn't as bad as i thought it is but still I'm stuck with EP3..

Enagwolo said...

lol. Truthfully, I don't blame you. I'm increasingly becoming bored with the drama.