Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Time of Dog and Wolf...

... is turning out to be quite nice.

There were some parts in the middle that I felt it was dragging but once he regained his memory, it was exciting again.

This drama is supposedly angsty but it didn't feel that way to me. Maybe because while the characters were left in suspense, the viewers weren't. We knew that he was an undercover agent and not dead. We knew exactly when he lost and regained his memory. We knew Ji Woo and Min Gi wouldn't work out. Things like this made it far less suspenseful than it could be.

The love triangle in this drama is what I call a 'waste of time love triangle.' And what I mean by that is that it was obvious that she would never love Min Gi like she loved Soo Hyun. Plus the fact that Soo Hyun wasn't dead meant that they would reunite at some point. So I call this a "waste of time love triangle" because I feel like the writers were taking us down a path we knew would lead to nowhere.

Stuff like this happens in almost all kdramas. Like in Coffee House, how in the world would she have married her ex? It was a waste of time bringing in that storyline. But I think that because they are so prevalent, in a story like TODAW, while I just wanted Min Gi to grow a brain and stop barking up the wrong tree, it wasn't that annoying.

Anyway, I'm at epiosde 14 and so far, it's a good drama and worth a watch. Lee Jun Ki sure is a sight for sore eyes.

No comments: