Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pimping Nollywood




I guess I should talk about Nollywood here too. It's been a few months since I've watched a movie but it's all good. The rest of the links can be found on youtube. 

Violated (mid 90s)

I really loved this movie as a child but I wonder if it's really as good as I thought/think or it's just nostalgia because I still love it. Gotta love RMD.

VHS to DVD to youtube so definitely not the best quality but such is life. The first scene is dark because it's night time but it gets better later on. This was for all the Anne Hartrope/Segun Kadiri fans of Checkmate. lol... but they really had good chemistry so of course it made sense for the pairing to make a movie together.




(The rest of the link are on youtube)

I wish I could find Keeping Faith (2003) online just so I can post it but no one's uploaded it (I've only found the first 10 minutes). Kinda sad but I have it on VCD so lucky me, right?

This one is ok but a good entry film for those not used to Nollywood. It's called Letters to a Stranger(2007).



Okay, I should totally start pimping the ones I enjoyed... and keep some kind of index so I know what to rewatch.

Sitanda (2006) is for those who want something different. Audio is off, though.



Youtube is always a good resource for Nigerian films but if you can't stand the bite-sized chunks, you can brave the pop-up friendly Nigeria Online (Google Chrome tends to block the pop-ups pretty well) or Bunibuni.

This blogger writes a lot of reviews so I often check her blog when looking for a new movie to watch. 

No comments: