Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho

You know when someone cracks a joke and everyone bursts out laughing but you? This is how I feel about  My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho.

Now don't get me wrong - it's got humor and cuteness and sometimes that's all you need when watching a drama. Right? WRONG!

Well, maybe "right" sometimes but not for me this time. I'm one of those people who isn't a Hong Sisters fan. Are they talented writers? Sure. But for me, they just have one plot they keep rehashing. To be fair, I've only seen three of their dramas but of those three, I felt Delightful Girl and My Girl had far too many similarities. YAB was entertaining but so overrated.

Now I'm watching MGIG and seeing the same characters from those dramas. This is just too much for me. lol. And it took me like 5 hours to watch the first 2 episodes. I wasn't interested in the drama before it aired but seeing as it had so many good reviews, I decided to give it a try. And lo and behold, it didn't impress me. Why can't these talented women be a little more original? Their premise is always original however, the characters end up being the same. Regardless, it seems to have a huge following online and is doing pretty well in Korea, considering it's against the Baker King superhit.

I'll watch the next two episodes to see if my opinion changes but I'm quite sure it won't since that annoying nuna from Delightful Girl (different actress, same character) will still be there.

Oh... and in the soompi thread, after only watching two episodes, I said that I felt the hunter would be like Lee Jun Ki in My Girl while the nuna like the nuna in Delightful Girl and I was right. See why I can't get on board this train? I already know all these characters. We even have the two best friends from Delightful Girl and the old maid and other dude from My Girl.

No comments: