Friday, August 20, 2010

I guess boredom makes me post in a blog no one reads?

2010 kdramas I've watched so far:


Pick the stars/Wish Upon A Star: Started off well. About a materialistic girl who ends up having to take care of her siblings after her parents are murdered. Fun and cute till it went bad. However, they gave us a nice ending. It's a shame that they ruined the drama but I didn't feel like I wasted my time... it was on to the next drama.


Birth of the rich. About a poor guy who believed he was the son of a rich man and was on a quest to find his father. Got some negative comments on dramabeans (but who cares?) but I really enjoyed it at first. It got extended because of the good ratings and to be honest, because subs were kinda slow, I won't say I completely finished this drama... it didn't end as well as it began but it was alright. It was on to the next drama.


Oh My Lady. Had an interesting looking couple and seemed cute and nice enough. About a spoilt brat idol and the ajumma who lives with him and takes care of the daughter he never knew he had. The first episodes were boring to me. But I liked both actors and stuck it out. It got a little better when they kissed in episode 6 (lol) but extremely slow with very slow progress and they forgot there was a romance till the last episode. No pay off in this drama. A waste of time. BAD!


Prosecutor Princess. I watched half way through and lost interest. I didn't mind that she was very materialistic and such but I didn't like the main guy (and whatever secret he was hiding) so one day, I just lost all interest. LOL. It happens like that sometimes.


Coffee House. About a crazy writer, his publisher and a girl who becomes his secretary. I was entirely addicted to this drama and it ended the way I wanted. There are things that the writers should have handled better. For instance, he left because he needed to deal with issues he had with his past. When he returned, there was no mention of them at all. He didn't even say, "Now, I'm okay." Sure he was back and his actions showed he'd moved past them (driving, cell phone) but I would have loved him to vocalize it. A little clarification on if his wife committed suicide or if it was an accident. It looked like suicide but I would have liked to hear them say for sure. Also it would have been nice if the characters had told us if they really had liked one another "10 years ago" or not. It looked like he might have but we don't know about her. Also far less time on the secretary and more time on the final couple. All these things probably should make me like it less but I absolutely loved the chemistry between the main couple -that's what kept me hooked on this drama. Not the plot but the chemistry.


2010 twdramas:
Down With Love. I didn't expect to like it but I enjoyed it. It was not an addiction for me (CH was the only one) but it was simple and cute. And the couple had chemistry.


PS Man. I just saw like two middle episodes. I planned on watching but boy was it dragging. Not going to bother with it.


Zhong Wu Yen. I like Cheryl after My Queen but the characters in this drama are really annoying - especially the guy so I lost interest real quick. Only saw 1.25 episodes.


2010 jdramas:
Yankee-kun to Megane-chan. Haven't finished it yet because I chose to wait for subs but fun and silly so far. Will probably finish it.


Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku. So far so good. About an unsuccessful wannabe actor and a single mother. One thing I like about jdramas is their stories are often about average people. Unlike kdramas (and twdramas) where some rich guy and poor girl hook up. 


Tsuki no Koibito, I saw the first episode and it wasn't bad. But the reviews are terrible so I've been turned off big time. Maybe I'll try it for myself later on. 



No comments: