Sunday, August 29, 2010

Playful Kiss

They look good together, don't they?


































Truth be told, I hate hyped things with a passion and this drama sure has been hyped online for a few months. I wasn't planning on seeing it because I've seen ISWAK and it's hard for me to watch remakes. Somehow, I can watch Pride and Prejudice told a billion ways (BBC miniseries, Bridget Jones, Theatrical Release even the damn Bollywood version) but it's a whole different ballgame for dramas.

But regardless, I'm being drawn into it. I was a JoongBo fan of WGM but I got over it 2 years ago. I remember hearing that Hyun Joong was awful in BOF but when I watched it, he wasn't that terrible. That might have been because I'd heard he was so bad that I was expecting much worse. I don't know. I've seen one of the trailers for Playful Kiss and while he had "dead eyes" his acting was passable.

What I hope for is an interesting retelling of the story and chemistry between the leads. If I can get both, then I most likely can live with subpar acting. It's a freaking teen manga drama so whatever.

But don't they look way too old to be playing high schoolers? In the press picture above, Hyun Joong very much looks his age (mid-twenties) and she doesn't look too young for him. But it's going to be funny watching the second lead since I just saw him in TODAW playing a jealous, ruthless criminal.

Anyway, I'll give it a shot when it airs next week. Hopefully, it'll be able to keep my interest. If not, it's on to the next drama.

No comments: