Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rewatching Parts of City Hunter Already

I don't care about how much it differs from the manga since I've never read it and never will. It's quite jdrama-eqsue but has all the romantic bits that jdramas generally lack so it's like a perfect combo for me.

Our gorgeous hero with mommy troubles who mistakenly thinks he was abandoned, sees her suffering as well and doesn't realize that part of it stems from their forced separation. Both of them are in pain for the same reason although neither knows it.

I am one of the few who doesn't hate his fauxther. Even though he's mean and driven by revenge, he does love Yoon Sung in his own way. At the end of the day, I don't think he wants to see the kid hurt even though he stole him from his mother and raised him in a drug cartel without love. But hey, nobody's perfect. lol

Other than teaching the group of 5 a lesson, I really want to see the love story unfold. Yes, he fell in love with a photo and all that stuff but I'll ignore this since it's a kdrama after all. The love triangle is filled with mysterious characters like how is that prosecutor connected with Nana? I do think he's cute and kinda want to see her fall for him a little before eventually ending up with our man.


I also like how she's not gorgeous but just like a pretty girl-next-door type. Makes the story seem more realistic for some reason.

Now our hero has begun to get jealous of the other guy and they've started comparing dick sizes. LOL We already know the City Hunter is helping the prosecutor for the greater good but I would like to see these two become friends. I wonder what will happen when the CH gathers some dirt on his father and sends it to him. Will he still be the just, noble prosecutor? 

But at the end of the day, we all know who she's going to give her heart to and I can't wait till the moment she realizes that she's fallen for him and not only is he not a jerk but a wonderful guy who's been protecting her all along. Aww.




I want more, more, more and am already dreaming of a Season 2. Fighting!

2 comments:

Angelica said...

I've been hearing good things about it, and the cinematography looks good based on the trailer ... so, I might give it a shot if you've got high praises ;)

Enagwolo said...

It's just so adorable. I think watching LTM made me appreciate it more because even though we have some contrived situations, you can forgive them because the characters are interesting and fun, and so are the interactions.

Sometimes, you don't need the most amazing scenario out there - what you need are fun characters. So watching them just live their lives is entertaining in and of itself.