Monday, June 20, 2011

I Need Romance - Korean Cable Drama

I just saw the first two episodes of this show and think it's cute. Three friends and their stories of love. So it's totally Sex and the City and I think we have Carrie, Samantha and Charlotte here (no love for Miranda).

The Charlotte character was engaged to a guy who wanted to wait till their wedding night to have sex. As in, she put the moves on him and he rejected her. Gay? Probably. Impotent? Possibly but I think gay is likelier. He left her standing at the altar so she hires a guy to play him at their wedding to save face.
The main couple's romance began in a kdrama way - he had a crush on her in middle school and came to look for her 10 years later. 10 years after that, they are in a comfortable relationship. Since it's a cable drama, they kiss a lot. 
He's a struggling director who finally gets to debut. The lead actress tells the press she's got a crush on him and he tells his girlfriend that the young girl excites him while she's like a sister to him. LOL. She dumps him, the press reports that he's begun to date the actress, he comes crawling back to her, they get back together but I think he's two-timing her now. He cheated on her 5 years ago and I think they have so much history that he always wants her beside him. But the passion is probably gone even though they still sleep together. I guess there's just no mystery. It doesn't help that their sex actually follows a pattern she laid out. Like kiss me first before you touch my breast etc. So I guess he's bored. And now also likes other women. Or maybe it's classic kdrama misdirection. 

There's also her co-worker who obviously has a thing for her but I think he's going to end up with a broken heart. I wish she'd ditch her boyfriend but he's the main lead and the bigger name. Drats! 
Then there's the Samantha of the group. She's a model who dates a lot and cheats on all her boyfriends. She's in love with an ex who's married with a pregnant wife but has an antagonistic relationship with her assistant. I guess he's like her Smith and will end up with her. 
All in all, a cute show about love and friendship and already way more interesting that its predecessor, Manny. Let's hope it doesn't begin to tank as the weeks go by. 

No comments: