Sunday, June 12, 2011

More On City Hunter

So some people are pissed by the characterization of Nana since she's supposed to be a Blue House bodyguard. I can understand their displeasure but it really doesn't bother me at all. All I think is, "Well, that's kdrama." I think for me, it's simply because I enjoy the drama so things like that are easy to dismiss. If it were the heroine of another drama, I probably would be irritated and curse the writers out for their shoddy job.

Instead of getting annoyed that Nana isn't smart enough to realize when someone is stalking her or isn't more suspicious about finding her apartment unlocked, I notice things like how with her wound, Nana now has a scar on her left cheek like Yoon Sung (Lee Min Ho) does. So I guess it's clear where my mind is, huh? :D

And for all her innocence, I am glad they didn't make her act shy and over the top about talking to Yoon Sung shirtless like in other dramas. Take Manny for example. The 30-something year old woman has two kids yet acted like a 15-year old who'd been raised in a convent when she saw the dude without his shirt on. I mean, come on.

No comments: