Saturday, June 18, 2011

Michael and Nikita Version 2

So Michael and Nikita of La Femme Nikita are probably my favorite TV couple of all time. Of course, it's been years since I've watched an episode of this show so who knows if it still holds up? Nonetheless, I've always remembered them very fondly.

So it's understandable that I'd be immediately biased against the remake. There are enough similarities to merit the word 'remake' but also enough differences to make it feel refreshing. 

Despite acknowledging that, I stubbornly remained against this couple till I watched the episode where they finally got together and had to grudgingly admit that they are not so bad. 

Nikita is a show that I don't follow every week and just watch an episode here and there so maybe I've seen a little over half of this season's episodes. Anyway, I decided to watch the last two episodes and okay, I admit it - this show's Nikita and Michael are not a disgrace to the previous version. In fact, they kind of actually work. GRRR. LOL

They started off the season on opposite sides and perhaps Michael could have caught her a time or two but his feelings won over and he purposely made a mistake or two. But in episode 17, when he was really out to get her, let's just say that Nikita wasn't as confident as she usually is. For that battle, it was either one or both of them would end up dead. But luckily, they cleared up their misunderstanding and are now fighting on the same side. 
One of the major differences between the couples is that in LFN, they often had to hide their true feelings to stay alive even though those that worked with them had major suspicions. With this one, once their misunderstanding was cleared up, they officially became a couple. And now both of them are living as former agents on the run trying to right some wrongs (previously Michael was still at the agency with Nikita being the Lone Ranger). 
I must say the season finale was kind of awesome and really sets up next season. Something tells me I'm going to be watching all 20+ episodes of Season 2. 

No comments: