Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dating The Enemy

The characters in Secret Garden have switched back to their original bodies and I must say that it's a tad disappointing because very little has been achieved. Yes, now Joo Won knows that his mom is a meddler and some weird things have happened with Ah Young thinking that Joo Won likes her, the incestuous kiss, Joo Won getting confirmation that Jong Soo likes Ra Im and other stuff but very little has occurred in terms of Joo Won becoming any less of a jackass. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait to see what else the writers have for us.

Anyway, that ended up making me look for a body swap movie where much does happen which led me to Dating The Enemy. It's a 1996 Australian romantic comedy about a couple that swaps bodies on the night they break up. Synopsis from imdb.
One messy science journalist (Tash) and a neat television host (Brett). Two very different people whose relationship is nose diving to get the opportunity to experience life in their partners shoes when they wake up one morning in each others bodies. Valuable lessons are learned by each as they both have to adjust to very different lives.
It's a pretty good movie, IMO. There's a sexual aspect to it and while I think that as a woman, if I switched bodies with a man, I might be curious about what sex is like as a man, I'm not sure that I'd choose a woman to test this out on. Not that I think I'd choose a man either. Or maybe I'd just become a monk. LOL. Anyway, it's on youtube.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least in that movie the couple were in an "actual" relationship.....While in SG, they are not and the swap set up is not meant to get them to be in one, but to save one of them....At least, this is what I get out of the drama so far (only up to ep 6).

It is too crazy to watch raw when they are in the other's body so I will patiently wait for the E-subbed versions.

msk

Enagwolo said...

Yes, that's what her father said and the speculation is that she avoided death by not performing the stunt but we don't know that yet. Maybe next episode, the news would state that someone died during the stunt. Otherwise, if it's to protect her from some disease, the switch has clearly not achieved that yet and they are already back in their original bodies.