Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Is it just me or is it a really bad year for Bollywood?

Hmm...

I've seen a few films this year and in general, there haven't been many to go crazy about. In fact, there's no 2007 release I can honestly say was great. Some were nice like Just Married, Honeymoon Travels and even Salaam-E-Ishq but in general, IMO, it's been a shitty year for movies. I am not even looking forward to any movies at this point. 2006 was so much better.

But in the spirit of Bollywood, how about a bollyspam?

Kabhi Neem Neem from Yuva. Yuva is a nice film but overrated, IMO. I hated the Abhi-Rani couple because it was violent but I believe I'm in the minority. I did like their song, though. I just love the 'duet' that began around the 2:03 mark.



Tinka Tinka from Karam. I've tried to watch this movie a million times but I usually get bored halfway through. I love the song, though.



Na Tum Jano Na Hum from Kaho Na Pyaar Hai. LOL... I found the first half really difficult to get through (it took me 3 months) but I loved the second half of this movie. How so melodramatic. Hahaha... if you think too hard (or even a little), you'll hate this movie. You just have to leave your disbelief at home.



Taal Se Taal from Taal. It's an average movie but the songs are great.



And of course, Ishq Bina.



Kasam Ki Kasam from Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon. The movie has been universally panned and I never plan to watch it but I love the song. In fact, seeing this video made me watch another movie with the Hrithik and Kareena pairing (because I couldn't get a hold of this one) called Yaadien and that was just plain awful. But yeah, the song is so sweet.



Lal Dupatta from Muhjse Shaadi Karogi. Gosh, I love all the songs from this movie but the movie itself is just not good. It's one of those overdone comedies and every time I try to watch it, I just end up only watching the songs.




Yenna Solla Pogirai
from Kandukondain Kandukondain. I think I just love the picturization. It's the Tamil movie version (kollywood and not bollywood) of Sense and Sensibility. The book is my least favorite of Austen's work and I really lost interest in this movie even though quite a few people like it. But the songs from the movie rock, sha.



Soona Man Ka Aangan from Parineeta. The movie turned out to be nicer than I'd expected. The same predictable stuff but nice cinematography and acting.



Maar Dala from Devdas (2002). If the movie had come out a lot earlier, I would have said that the word overrated was probably created just to describe it. Seriously. What a piece of CRAP. I hated this movie with a passion and I am not too fond of Shah Rukh Khan either. But I like Madhuri and this song.



Saajan Saajan from Dil Ka Rishta. This movie sucks. Plain and simple. I couldn't watch it past halfway and I have a high tolerance for Bollywood B.S. But I like this song - it's fun.



In the spirit of the last two songs, here is Tujhe Yaad Na Meri Aayee from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Unlike most of the movies mentioned in this post, I love this film. It's the same ol' bestfriends-become-lovers story but who cares? I live for that stuff. And first watched it when I still liked Shah Rukh Khan.



Saajan Tumse Pyar from Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya. Another not-so-good comedy. It was a hit but I'm still yet to finish it. And it's been over a year. But I like this song.

No comments: