Thursday, August 30, 2007

I'm feeling okay about writing again...

...Phew! I think I'm actually able to write right now but I've decide to hold off till Saturday. I'll try to write two chapters of Consequences and one of Honeymoon over the long weekend. Saturday will be two weeks since I updated Consequences so I'm sure my readers will be wondering what's up since I normally update frequently. But I don't feel like bumping my thread so I'm not making any announcements. I guess I'll just add an apology to the update on Saturday.

I guess by Saturday I'll have a fresh mind and clear head. I still don't love my stories or characters but I can tolerate them long enough to finish the soompi stories. Then no more writing for a while... although I'm thinking of finishing the Mission story. We'll see.

Out of boredom, I went through my old entries and apparently, this has happened before. LOL... I guess it's just a matter of losing my love for writing for a little while. But all's well that ends well, aye?

I've sent over some short stories to be added to an anthology that's getting published (a friend hooked me up). I'm lazy - I should have edited them but since a professional will be doing that, I decided to just send as is. I'm so bad! But anyhoo, I'll see how this goes.

But how can one tell if their story is good? During the writing process, I have absolutely no idea and in all honesty, I think it sucks but years later, when I read a story I no longer feel any connection to (and have forgotten), I generally have a more objective view of it. For example, during my cut and paste, I read some chapters of Femi's Diary and it's pretty funny. hehehe... I can't believe some of the stuff I wrote. For example, the character, Femi, attended a concert and this is one of the comments she made afterwards:


Beyonce is a ho. Camel toe. Enough said.


lol... and the level of swearing is really high. Geez. But damn, that shit needs to be edited. Too many typos and it's quite dialogue-heavy (mainly phone convos).

No comments: