Sunday, February 27, 2011

Why are these Cinderellas so damn self-righteous?

So I've started watching Sunny Happiness since I don't mind twdramas and dangermousie on livejournal was raving about it.

Just like Korean dramas, Taiwanese dramas are notorious for Cinderella plots and while they've gotten old to me, I can still watch them.

But the thing I dislike most about these damn Cinderellas is that while poor, they are supposedly pure hearted and hardworking but instead come off as self righteous know-it-alls who feel morally superior. ARGH!

The second lead female is baaaaaad (she hid the lead's kid from him) but if this annoying female lead keeps it up, I'm going to root against her.

So through drama circumstances, she finds out that her boss (she's a cleaner at his hotel) has a child. She finds out because she ends up being the kid's nanny. Yes, the plot is ridiculous but at least is slightly less ridiculous than it sounds. Anyway, she finds out he has a kid and instead of minding her own damn business, even though she doesn't know the full story, she barges into the her boss's office and admonishes him for abandoning his child. WTF and who does she think she is? UGH.

















And if the maid stuff wasn't Cinderella enough, she comes with two step sisters and a step mom. lol. Even the characters had to mention that she was a Cinderella.

Anyway, I'm going to keep watching and hope for the best. UGH! Rant over.

2 comments:

Angelica said...

I agree with the whole Cinderella formula, and that is quite self-righteous on her part.

Not sure if I'll give this drama a chance. OCKoala has been raving about it. I'm not into long running shows, and with the Cinderella angle, it's keeping me from giving it a chance.

Are you going to continue watching it?

And speaking of Cinderella subplots, I'm hoping we'll get something very different from the Krom-com/drama world.

Which leads me to ... will you be watching 49 days? The trailer looks compelling.

Enagwolo said...

I'm going to give it 5 more episodes. If it doesn't draw me in, I'll drop it. It's really the main lead that pisses me off.

I'm going to try 49 days but not sure I will watch it through if the first episode doesn't grab me.