Monday, January 31, 2011

Young Love

Since I'm watching Dream High, I guess that means I should watch a teen movie? lol... anyway, I came across a Thai movie called "A Crazy Little Thing Called Love."


It starts off as the usual ugly duckling movie (I have some issues with her make up but I'll save it for another day) but it's not one of those where he suddenly loves her after a makeover. It's more about longing than actual romance but it's cute. It's also about timing... ;) Of course, we all love happy endings but I think I wouldn't have minded if this one didn't have one but all in all, cute even though it seemed a little long.

Even though it's different, it reminded me of another teen romance movie I enjoyed called, "What's Up With Cinta?" I will have to rewatch but I think I prefer this one... maybe because this one was less about longing and more about the actual relationship. This one is Indonesian.

5 comments:

Angelica said...

Awww, A Crazy Little Thing Called Love looks cute. I've never seen a Thai movie before, and I think I might give this a try. I like the music, too. Thanks, Clock.

Angelica said...

I just finished watching the Thai movie. I liked it. It was cute. It faltered on a few parts---the corny aspects, the length, and the editing at the end. And I'm a bit conflicted about the whole physical transformation, mainly the emphasis put on the skin color. Needless to say, it was still heartwarming, and I loved that he had always liked her. The timing between was definitely off, but I think it didn't necessarily have to be if he wasn't such a wimp. Overall, a feel-good film with very nice cinematography. And that boy is so cute. Hehe.

I'll have to watch the Indonesian film now. ;) Thanks for the recommendations.

Enagwolo said...

The skin color thing is the exact issue I said I would "save for another day." I just didn't want to rant especially as it's not my culture but save for another day.

Yes, he was a wimp but also a little kid so I forgave him. Only thing is I think I would have preferred if they didn't get together in the end and maybe years later, they'd both moved on and were married or whatever and just happened meet each other and smile about their childhood failed romance.

Angelica said...

I know you're saving it for another day ... but when I was watching the movie, it reminded me of my sister's old roommate, who happened to be of Thai descent, and she had a bar of skin lightening soap. I just found it ... odd?

That's true he was a kid, and he had his own personal things going on. Still too bad that he admired her quietly.

Yeah, I also wouldn't have minded if they didn't get together in the end. It was only a first love thing after all.

After watching that movie, I've decided to give Thai cinema a try. I just watched Love of Siam, and the trailer was misleading. I thought it was going to be a typical teen romance, but I still enjoyed the movie. Some parts dragged a bit, but it was still very good. If you haven't seen it, you should give it a shot. It has that Mario Maurer kid ;)

Enagwolo said...

Yeah, the bleaching stuff is bad in many countries with bleaching creams and I even heard some people take pills as well.

Oh, Love of Siam - I heard about it. They hid the gay storyline in the trailers. I'll give that a shot one of these days... I guess I'll ffwd the dragging parts.