Saturday, September 29, 2007

Possible writing projects for 2008

Poking around Absolute Write has really inspired me to take my writing seriously. I have far too many pieces lying around doing nothing. If I write so much, why not see if it can take me somewhere? I've been dragging my feet for too long.

So the plan is to do something writing-related everyday till the end of the year. This includes working on my two current Works In Project and editing my four finished pieces. I won't write anything new this year.

Projects I'm toying with for next year:

I'm the woman of the house. Or maybe it would be I'm the woMAN of the house or something like that. Basically, it'll be a Young Adult humorous story about a girl who's suddenly saddled with taking care of the home when her parents leave unexpectedly. Romance, light drama, humor. Obviously not a particularly original storyline but I hope to make it a fun read. Set in Lagos. EDIT: Okay, I need help. I only just thought of this storyline today and I've already started plotting it in my head. Things like NEPA... lol

Ogbanje. Wiki definitions for Ogbanje or Abiku. This will be a serious piece and the story I have in mind will sweep three novels. Lol. Do I have the energy for this? If I do write this, it will be last thing I work on.

Untitled. Romance/Humor/Cultural story. It'll be college-campus set and the heroine would be a girl who appears to love every culture but hers and the hero will be an American-born guy who's all into his parents' culture. I've been thinking about this storyline for about a year so I guess I might as well write it. Set in Yankee.

Edit Consequences and Honeymoon. Edit Femi 2 and WFF 2 if they aren't done yet.

Start sending queries and what not.

I've scrapped the idea of completing "Mission: Make Him Mine." Not that many people read my stuff normally but practically no one read that and maybe it's too gimmicky for me.

No comments: