Monday, September 3, 2007

On my current hate-hate relationship with writing...

... for starters, this happened quite a bit while writing Femi's Diary. I think at one point I didn't update for like 6 or more weeks after my previously weekly updates. So I guess it's nothing major or even new. But I think the difference is that back then, the issue was that I wasn't really in the mood to write. Now, I think I kinda detest writing. Why?

1)It's tedious.
2)Right now, there's no pay off in any way, shape or form.
3)I could spend my time doing more productive things.
4)My ability/skills/creativity/whatever are average at best. I honestly can't tell if my writing is good or not. If I go by the content of feedback I receive, it's not bad. If I go by the amount of feedback I get, it's awful. I honestly don't think my writing is as bad as the amount of feedback I receive suggests so I guess I'll say I'm a little less than average? Personally, from reading my work, since I'm so close to it, I really can't be objective about it.
5)Whatever.

Maybe if I somehow found this rewarding, it would be different. But now, it just isn't. And the more I write, the more I hate it... and I think the worse I become. I feel like I need to just stop.

Bleh.

No comments: