Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Words

In the spirit of loving YA, I guess I'll post this The O.C. fanfic I wrote ages ago. I don't have it online anymore because I deleted my Livejournal.

Disclaimer: I don't own The O.C. or any of the characters in this piece.

----

Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:18:39
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: KMD Therapy
To: "Ryan Atwood"

Hey,
Thanks for the advice. My aunt got an appointment for him next week. Good luck this weekend!

Anna.


------



Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 11:36:18
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: KMD Therapy.
To: "Anna Stern"

You’re welcome. This guy on my soccer team swears it worked for his dad so let me know how it goes.

I thought the test went well. And about an hour into it, I thought of you. I bet you can’t guess what made me do that. Give up? Curmudgeon.

Ryan.

---



Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:02:47
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Curmud-what?
To: "Ryan Atwood"


I don’t know which should offend me more. The fact you thought of me during a standardized test, or that the word curmudgeon made you think of me. Ryan, curmudgeon made you think of me? Explain. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

---



Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 21:42:09
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Curmud-what?
To: "Anna Stern"


Haha. It’s nothing serious. It’s just that in one of your rants, you must have used it 20 times to describe your uncle. So now I guess I associate the word with you.

----


Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:05:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Curmud-what?
To: "Ryan Atwood"

Rants? Ryan, I don’t rant. I simply express myself. Just because a girl decides to express herself in something other than what society deems is feminine doesn't mean she’s ranting, it means that she’s simply expressing herself. Got that?

On another topic: Trevor isn’t taking no for answer. Help!


----


Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 17:18:01
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Curmud-what?
To: "Anna Stern"


Okay, okay, express yourself all you want... Even if I can practically see the smoke puffing out of your ears.

Help? I already told you that he sounds okay. Would it be so bad to hang out with him? But it’s really all up to you. Besides, I think he has great taste. :)

P.S.
Remember your little self-expression about biology? Well, I feel your pain – chemistry is kicking my butt.

----


Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:59:39
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Curmud-what?
To: "Ryan Atwood"


“Puffing out of your ears?” Ryan is that even English? What was your SAT score again? “Self-expression?” Cute, except it really isn’t. :) :P. So I’ve finally taken your advice and I’m going to the movies with Trevor on Friday. If it sucks, it’s all your fault.
I’m sorry to hear about Chemistry. How is Seth making out? Maybe he can help you.



---

Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:23:33
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Curmud-what?
To: "Anna Stern"

Who knows what Seth’s doing these days? If it’s not about Summer, I don’t hear about it. I got my chem midterm back today and I got a B. I guess it's not as bad as I thought. Cool about Friday. Is the Bio teacher any better?


----



Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:08:10
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Curmud-what?
To: "Ryan Atwood"


Nope. Mr Anderson sucks and so does Bio but most importantly, I don’t know what to wear to my date. But I guess you can’t be of much help. What are you doing this weekend?

P.S.
My uncle’s back still hurts like hell…


Anna.
----


Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:00:17
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Curmud-what?
To: "Anna Stern"


I just asked the dude about KMD and he says it sometimes takes a while. Or maybe your uncle should just do as the doctor suggested. Anyway, I’m just hanging out with Seth and some people – nothing special.

---



Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 15:03:17
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Curmud-what?
To: "Ryan Atwood"

Is ‘some people’ a girl?


---


Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 19:57:23
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Curmud-what?
To: "Anna Stern"

Maybe. Talk to you later.


----


Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 00:47:51
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: I suck
To: "Ryan Atwood"

Ryan, are you still with ‘some people?’ Because, I just got back from my date with Trevor and guess what? I slept through half of the movie. I feel so bad. If that happened to you, what would you do? I already agreed to a second date and I think I might end up marrying him just so he doesn’t think I slept on purpose or anything. I’m embarrassed and it’s your fault.


Anna.

---


Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:25:03
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: I suck
To: "Anna Stern"


Can a person “sleep on purpose?” And if a girl slept through half of the date, I’d probably not call her again. :)


---

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:27:03
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: I suck
To: "Ryan Atwood"

Asshole!


---


Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:28:17
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: I suck
To: "Anna Stern"

That was quick. Where are you now? I’m in the school library.


---


Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:29:53
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: I suck
To: "Ryan Atwood"

Me too. And remember what I told you about MSN messenger? I’m sure it’s already downloaded on your school computer. Sign up now!


----


Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:35:18
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I suck
To: "Anna Stern"

I signed up but it won’t let me log on. It’s saying something about ‘my passport.’ Anyway, I’m using Ryan.Atwood@hotmail.com


----


Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:38:16
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I suck
To: "Ryan Atwood"

Gosh, could you be more boring? How about something more creative like chinoreject@hotmail.com? Why does it have to look all grown-up and responsible? Anyway, I’m sure you guessed that mine is pinkpainter@hotmail.com. I’ll add you now.


---


Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:40:34
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I suck
To: "Anna Stern"

Chinoreject@hotmail.com? Anna, you’re really not as funny as you think. Besides, I didn’t know email addresses were supposed to be exciting. What does pinkpainter mean anyway? You don’t even want to know what I’m picturing right now.

----


Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:45:05
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I suck
To: "Ryan Atwood"


I bet it’s something dirty. And don’t. Pinkpainter for many reasons:
1) I think the world would be a much better place if everyone could "think pink."
2) It’s kind of a play on Pink Panther. I love cartoons and I’m an artist so, PinkPainter.

Anyway, gatta go now – it’s time to learn about enzymes and other irrelevant things.

P.S.
I am too as funny as I think.



---

Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:49:58
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I suck
To: "Anna Stern"

You paint? I didn’t know that. Have a good class. Take care.


Ry.
---


Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:29:18
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I suck
To: "Ryan Atwood"

“Have a good class?” Ah… humor. I don’t really paint. I mean I paint sometimes, but I’m more of a free hand sketcher. But pinkdrawer just doesn’t have the same ring.

I’m bored, entertain me. Tell me something funny.


---


Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:18:45
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I suck
To: "Anna Stern"


You want me to entertain you? Damn, you must really be bored. And I’m sure I’d tell you something funny if Seth wasn’t standing behind me, waiting to use the computer to IM Summer all day long. Oh, did I neglect to tell you that at this very moment, he’s talking to her on the phone? So they are going to spend the rest of the day talking and IMing each other. It’s a little nuts.

P.S.
When do I get to see these drawings?

---



Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:33:37
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I suck
To: "Ryan Atwood"


Hahaha… Seth has always been nuts. How’s Marissa?

P.S.
www.angelcities.com/pinkpainter/art


---


Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12: 21:01
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I suck .
To: "Anna Stern"


Whoa. Where did that come from?

P.S.
Your art is great. I really like the one with the old lady and the bottle.


---


Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:28:29
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I suck .
To: "Ryan Atwood"

Nowhere. I guess I was just checking up on you.

P.S.
Thanks. :)


---


Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:17:15
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I suck .
To: "Anna Stern"

How many times am I going to tell you that everything is cool? As you know, when I returned from Chino, she was already dating someone else and everything’s been cool since then. What about you, how are you doing?



---

Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15: 38:00
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I suck .
To: "Ryan Atwood"

Fine. Gotta study. Talk to you later.


Anna.
---


Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:24:56
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Something funny
To: "Anna Stern"

Okay, something funny. So in soccer practice, this guy and I ran into each other. Although I think it’s more accurate to say he slammed into me. But instead of falling down, I barely moved, while he fell to the ground. It was almost like I was a brickwall or something. It was the weirdest thing.


Ry.
---


Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:53:16
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Something Funny
To: "Ryan Atwood"

Firstly, I should have visited bored.com before asking you to entertain me. But about the wall thing, what kind of iron have you been pumping? And how come you’re never on MSN?



---

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:59:44
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Something Funny.
To: "Anna Stern"

About MSN, I keep forgetting to log on. I promise I will soon. How’s your uncle doing?




---
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:03:15
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Something Funny.
To: "Ryan Atwood"

He’s doing much better and says he wants to kiss you. Seriously. Uhm, I don’t mean that he wants to seriously kiss you or anything, he’s just grateful.

On another note…
Don’t cry but Swifty is getting neutered this weekend.



----

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:13:03
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something Funny.
To: "Anna Stern"

Ouch. But what made you change your mind?


----

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:18:55
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something Funny
To: "Ryan Atwood"

He keeps humping every and anything. If he keeps this up, my aunt’s leg is going to have its own puppies. And you know what? I think it’s more humane this way. Swifty is so miserable.


-----

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:20:43
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something Funny
To: "Anna Stern"

I’m sorry to hear that. If you want to talk…


Ry.
---

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:21:21
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something Funny
To: "Ryan Atwood"

I’m fine. It’s not like I’m the one getting spayed. Speaking of which, do you have my number?


----

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:23:09
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something Funny
To: "Anna Stern"

No I don’t, but I’m sure I can get it from Seth. Is there a best time to call?

----


Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:25:53
From: "Anna Stern"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something Funny
To: "Ryan Atwood"

Don’t be silly. Why get it from Seth when you can get it from me?
My private room #: 412 232 9032
My cell # : 412 877 9039

Don’t give my cell # to Seth. He tends to disregard the time difference so after a certain time I turn my ringer off. I knew better than to give him my cell phone # when I finally changed it. And you can call me anytime.


----

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:27:30
From: "Ryan Atwood"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something Funny
To: "Anna Stern"

Cool. I’m calling you right now.

No comments: