Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Although I constantly...

... have mixed feelings about posting on Soompi, I think that one great thing that has come out of it is discovering that I love writing YA fiction.

I've always loved High School movies and all that great stuff but when I think back to all I've written, even though I've pretty much liked all I've come up with, I think I've probably loved the YA stuff a tad more.

Or maybe not loved it more but found them easier to write? So I wonder if this is about laziness or about enjoying it more. I don't know.

But when I think of my multi-chap The O.C. fics, The Search for Seth Cohen was probably the most fun to write. And it was the only YA one.

When I think of the stories I wrote for NE, A Christmas At Home was the most fun to write.

And as per the Soompi stuff, I don't know... lol, they were all fun to write. So yeah, maybe YA is where it's at for me. So with this new self-discovery, hopefully, I'll find it in me to start working on my new story. I already anticipate having a lot of fun writing it, but the fun begins in the middle where the story really takes off. I guess I'm being a bit lazy about writing the intro.

That's probably what I miss most about writing fanfiction because with original fiction, you have to come up with a background and all that great stuff. I love to just jump in and write all the good stuff.

Bleh. I am so lazy.

No comments: