Sunday, March 4, 2007

I'm having a shitty day!

I was just reading some of my old stuff and got so disappointed in myself. I used to write good, interesting, meaningful things. Why am I now just writing CRAP? FLUFF? SHIT?

Why do I suddenly want to write YA Romance? Femi's Diary is chicklit but it does have depth. Why am I not taking my writing seriously? Am I scared of failure? At least, if I don't try hard I don't get disappointed when nothing comes out of it. Is that what the problem is?

I am wondering why I spend my time writing things at soompi that I know nothing will ever come out of. I know it's good to keep writing so that I get better at it but shouldn't I write something that could have a future? Plus soompi really isn't really the right place for me.

Going back to YA Romance, I just read some stuff and I think I can easily do it. Plus these stories are like 40k+ words which I can easily come up with. I wonder if I'm considering this because I think it's easy. Anyhoo, I'm thinking of really editing WFF and sending it to Simon & Schuster. I'll have to de-Koreanize the characters but is it even publishable in its current state? How can someone who isn't Korean and has never been to Korea write about Koreans in Korea? Oh well. I think getting rejections is better than not trying at all.

I think it's about time I stopped just writing and sitting on my ass without seeing if I could actually do something with it. And even though NE is kinda doing it, it's online. I guess I have to see if I can get anything published. Time to dust off my old stories and edit. Time to come up with new short stories. Time to start working on a novel instead of just thinking up stories I never write. But is it time to stop writing at soompi?

No comments: