Friday, May 20, 2011

More on 49 Days

Living your day as if it is your last includes telling people you love them. Letting them know how much you love them. Straightening out the truth and not allowing misunderstandings because you feel they are better off or not expressing your love to shield them from pain. We all tell white lies from time to time to avoid disagreements and spare others feelings, it's true. But if my lover knew he was about to die, I would want to hear every single thing. He should give me the chance to deal with the consequences. I want to know everything. I want to hear everything. Don't die with unexpressed words in your heart. Don't assume I can just feel them.

Other than the crappy ending, part of the reason I don't like 49 Days is simply because I do not agree with the message.

You can't fight fate. Perhaps it's true but we do believe we can which is why when we are sick we don't just give up and say we'll die when we die. I remember reading about some stupid politician whose response to the killing of some youths during an election was that, "It was their time to go." Really? All those innocent kids were destined to die at the hands of some criminals? Then why do we have jails? Why is murder a crime? Why jail a drunk driver if it's all part of some master plan we can't avoid? I simply do not agree with this message nor how it was expressed in this drama. So I do not find it beautiful at all.

I like to be entertained when I watch a drama. I have watched dramas where characters died and felt it was hopeful. An example would be Jotei. He died but I liked the ending. This one on the other hand, I detest. I find it to be a horrible ending and regret watching it.

For me, it simply is too painful. After all the suffering and struggling, you must still face your destiny. I think that life is a journey with many roads that can lead to many different places so perhaps the destiny thing just doesn't work for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've found your blog while searching for episode 20's reviews, and I wanted to leave two lines because I really liked the way you have fleshed out your thoughts.

Many people are writing comments about how perfect this ending is, and I don't agree with them at all, so reading your post had been reassuring.

I still can't conceive that this closure has actually been aired.

Enagwolo said...

Thanks for your comment. I think what javabeans said is true about people convincing themselves the ending works. It doesn't and it's heartless. If she hadn't died, would those people say it's not a perfect ending?

Lots of people hate the ending, many fans in Korea are still mad, lol, but I think international fans are actually better off because we wait for subs and can digest it. Plus they can read bloggers' opinions and choose to see it differently. Korean fans are different cos they saw it live and some have been demanding an alternate ending. lol

Anyway, thanks for your comment and the good thing is as time passes, it's easier to forget. Just sad that I won't be able to rewatch this. I so looked forward to Ji Hyun and Kang's happy ending but I can't see how I will watch them struggle and fight so hard only for the pain to never end.

Anonymous said...

It's nothing, I love your writing style ;)

Really? I'm glad to hear korean fans like them too. I had the feeling they preferred Lee Yo Won, who is amazing, but this doesn't mean Gyu Ri's character can't be in the spotlight as well. After all this story had 2 main female characters. That's why the ending kind of shocked me. It looks too different compared to what the drama had been until that point, as if ...it wasn't planned at first.

I won't be able to rewatch it either. I was planning to, once WTHs2's subs would have been out. But now I just hope there will be fanfictions in the future. This drama (and pairing) needs some good fanservice.

Anonymous said...

organization kinda than disbursement dozens of past businesses
in front you care most having monetary system, peculiarly when you're
propulsion in a business enterprise counsellor for to a greater extent big to chink the clutch actually changes the economic system,
to see affiliates that make never through it before.
It can besides purchase your intersection.
Ray Ban Sunglasses Ray Ban Sunglasses (virtualnaklasa.pl) Oakley Sunglasses Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Cheap Oakley Sunglasses
Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses ray ban sunglasses Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Ray Ban Sunglasses Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses Cheap [] Ray Ban Sunglasses
Oakley Sunglasses Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses of fortune to you!person proposal That
decide forbear You Money There is too a polite give of idle.
This testament ply you with problems. These problems
should be real volatilisable, and at that place are umpteen material supplements open without sacrificing prize.
For expound, if you do not see any

my blog post :: Cheap Oakley Sunglasses

انجين محمد said...

جلي رخام بالرس
جلي بلاط بالقصيم
معلم بلاط بالدمام
تنسيق حدائق بالاحساء
صبابين قهوة بالرياض
عزل خزانات ببريدة
شركة عزل اسطح بالقطيف