Thursday, May 19, 2011

I should have known better about freaking 49 Days.

Or could I have? 49 Days never seemed to me to be a sad drama. Oh, how wrong I was. What a fucked up retarded ending.

There are many dramas where people die but they are allowed to have closure. The Song couple, they freaking had someone who'd been dead for 5 years, show up in the flesh and have a romantic date, kiss and everything else.

The other couple, nada. Even though the guy moved Heaven and earth for her. Did everything he could for her. In the end, they get one date with her pretending she has amnesia. Couldn't even say their I love yous. Totally retarded and stupid.

Till ep 18, it was rather predictable and what I wanted to see. I even predicted the three tears. Turns out it was all pointless because the last two episodes just had to RUIN the entire thing with a shock ending.

Is it a sin to have a happy ending? Yeah, real life is not HEA but this is a fucking Korean drama.

I don't fucking need a show to preach to me about the meaning of life. I can read the Bible. I can watch a documentary. Go to church. Read an autobiography. Don't fucking come up with a fantasy series where so much nonsense occurs and when we smell our happy ending, you take it away from us.

I'm not even bothered that there were no couples in the end. Fine. But to kill the character off? Are you insane? Instead of buying this series, I am going to delete all this nonsense off my computer and not even bother watching the last episode. Colossal waste of time.

The entertainment politics are really this bad? A junior actress can't end up with the lead guy? Even if her character was lead. Nonsense.

And this bullshit about death being destiny. I guess folks won't say that if a loved one is killed by a drunk driver. Or in a massacre. Or by a suicide bomber. After struggling to live and actually waking up, it's all, "Oh... well it was her time, anyway."

Well, screw you Writer and all your future scripts.

And Kang. Why do you hate Kang so much? Does he remind you of an ex-boyfriend who dumped you? Or an oppa you loved who never noticed you? Why couldn't he even find one ounce of happiness after all the did? Couldn't even properly spend time with the girl he loved. Had the bitch reject him and embarrass him because she's a noble idiot. Writer, you are truly wicked.

LOL. Well, that's my rant. Fucking retarded drama. No emotional pay off. Good 18 episodes that took the elevator down to hell in the last two episodes. Good riddance, 49 Days.

lol... used google translate to check out DC and the fans are very angry even though they were very spoiled. I checked the site out on Tuesday to find the preview and they pretty much knew the entire plot and were convinced it would happen.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to undo the last 2 episodes from my memory!!!!!!!

Why did she have to work so hard for those 3 tears if she were going to die anyway???????

AAAGH - I need to watch another drama asap and need another couple to cheer for. Or maybe I need to re-watch the last episode of coffee house!!!

maybe I will find the episode of JHJ on strong heart and see how dorky he was and remember him like that...it also have NGR so maybe I will make-up my own ending.... AGHHHHHHHHH so frustrating.

~ineptninja

Enagwolo said...

I don't even think I can watch any of the leads in anything for a while. It will piss me off so much. But JHJ on strong heart? Maybe I will look for that. LOL. But can't watch them in any drama.

I have best love, lie to me and romantic town to watch this week. Maybe they will help forget.

I wish I could erase the entire series from my memory. So pissed

Angelica said...

Aww, clock. I know it was disappointing ... I'm actually in the middle. At least, they didn't make it a HK and YK coupling in the end, even though in the first episodes I was rooting for that. But I think it was right that they just made them friends. If after the 2-year leap they hooked up, then, it would have re-defined or added another layer of definition to Ji Hyun's and Yi Soo's purpose of getting a second chance, and I don't think that would have been good.

Okay, so maybe I'm not so much in the middle coz I liked the ending (except for the twist with the long lost sister shit). I'd have been fine with the finale going in either direction, but with this ending, I know it may seem unfair, but then, I realize that in life, death can be inexplicably unfair. Ji Hyun's brief comeback and eventual passing reminds me of a true story about the woman who died in a car crash only days after missing a flight that had gone down.

Anyway, I kind of had a feeling that they were going to kill her off, so, maybe that's why I wasn't upset.

On the one hand, I am reminded by the Tom Clancy quote that Yit posted on our Coffee House thread at Soompi: "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." So, I can understand people's gripe with ep. 20 not making sense.

Really too bad the show went down the drains for you.

Enagwolo said...

Angie,
I am glad you enjoyed the story. But for me, every single life lesson imparted in this drama would still have been so if she lived. So her death is unnecessary. YS/YK's story already had the moving on and living life message after death. We didn't need it with both couples after all the suffering. In the end, she saves everyone around her but herself. In the end, you can't escape fate, death is predetermined. That's a message some find comfort in but I hate. I can't believe this was the life she was meant to have.

At the end of it all, I just find it too painful. Too painful for her and just way too painful for Kang. It's fiction but I feel nothing but pity for him.

So regardless of the message it's trying to convey, I find it unnecessary. Life should be treasured is something that has been told throughout the drama so the writer should have given her the chance to experience that life.

To struggle and fight and in the end, you can't escape your destiny. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not but it's a message I do not like. I like to finish a drama with hope. Even if the writer says her message is one of hope, I completely disagree.

But she did tell us throughout the drama that 49 Days is cruel and I absolutely agree with her. Just like the characters in the drama couldn't get what they want, neither can I. Thank you writer, for the reminder. LOL

Anonymous said...

u're juz another immature viewer. period.

Enagwolo said...

lol. I'm in good company @anonymous.

leila8mae said...

my dearest clock.. you know how much respect I have for you, no matter what you say :D

reading your views just made me realize how much 49 days affected you badly.. and no matter how much you are pissed, I don't know why i just tend to smile after reading your rants.. haha.. maybe because I felt like you are relieved in the end having said those words! i think this will affect our year ender review at CK!! LOL

what a crazy world watching kdrama can be!!

Enagwolo said...

lol. Hey, leila. Sometime earlier in the week I reread it and laughed myself. LOL. It's kind of funny to get so angry over fictional character. :D