Thursday, April 14, 2011

49 Days plotlines

So, as I watch 49 Days, despite the ghost stuff, to me, it looks like a very simple storyline... like Romance 101. But then I see all these theories and I wonder if I'm the one who's lost or something.

1) Kang has loved Ji Hyun since high school. When he finds out she's inside another person's body, he's going to do all he can to save her. I guessed this even before seeing the character descriptions and they confirmed it. I don't see how he's going to find out that she's in another woman's body then suddenly start chasing after the other woman and fall in love. LOL. Am I insane for thinking this doesn't make sense? LOL.

Plus let's not ignore the fact that the formerly engaged Ji Hyun is now single since she's discovered that her entire relationship was just part of a scheme. If TPTB didn't want her involved in a romance, she would have a very devoted fiance crying by her bedside every night.

2) The scheduler and Yi Kyung's storyline is not about rekindling an old love but about letting go. The Scheduler has been dead for 5 years, which is the same amount of time Yi Kyung has been a walking zombie. In comes a doctor who's also experienced losing a loved one to the rescue. So far, her main interaction has been with the doctor and while I don't think it will be a passionate love, I think he will teach her how to move on with her life and theirs will be a slightly open ending... meaning it will be strongly hinted that they might embark on a relationship when the time is right.

3) Kang will save Yi Kyung? Nope. How is Kang going to save her when he needs saving his damn self. LOL. He's been stuck in a one sided romance for over 10 years and been unable to confess (it seems), how is he now going to teach someone else to let go of her love and live again? Come on, son.

We'll see if I'm right or wrong but damn, the story needs to make sense.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kekekeke, that's why I only read the comments and not the recaps....I dropped this drama after epi 2.

It may not make sense...at all when Kang begins to "show" YK the way.... LOL Ppl will read into what they want vs what the writer has intended (different cultures) and everyone will be happy.

msk

Enagwolo said...

lol, I'm enjoying it but wow some of the theories are completely "creative" to say the least.

leila8mae said...

right on cue for theory number two :D dearest scheduler and Yi Kyung's story line is about letting go of a love and having a chance to love again..

clock, I'm loving your comments at soompi and so glad you're on with the craze.. lol

Enagwolo said...

lol, I'm glad you're enjoying my posts, leila.