Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's been a month since Michael Jackson passed...

... and I'm shocked by how much I was affected by his death. I always thought of him fondly even if I did laugh at some of the jokes but I guess I just didn't realize how much he was a part of my consciousness till he died.

Anyway, just like others, in the past month, I've listened to Michael Jackson songs that I haven't listened to in ages (the only song of his that was on regular rotation was "Rock With You") and an offshoot of that, so to speak, is that I've begun to listen to many of the '80s songs that I forgot about. Here are some of my favorites.

I was surprised to learn that this singer about about 13 years old in the video. The power of make up, I suppose. Plus her voice is so soulful.









No comments: